Local marketing expert, content strategist, creator, entrepreneur, and believer in simplicity.
Welcome to my little corner of the web, thanks for stopping by.
So, what brings you here?
If it has anything to do with building a local brand, content strategy, content creation, or maybe even building you a simple website for your brand, there is a great chance I will have an opinion on what you should do.
Shoot, maybe we can even work together. Maybe not.
But you’ve got to know that I believe in keeping things simple and moving forward.
Like this website that you are on now.
It’s simple, it’s only one page, and there are links to email me or also find me on social media.
Unfortunately, so many small business owners, local businesses, and brand-of-one folks (solo-professionals of all kinds – Hello… Realtors!) have been led to believe by marketing types that you need all of the things, and you need them now.
Funnels here, paid ads there, auto-responders everywhere.
That’s bullshit. Keep it simple.
Start with a website. Build connections and stay connected with past, current, and potential clients and customers.
You know, be a real human.
As for those new clients and customers that everyone is chasing, find out where they are and start building connections there. Maybe it’s Facebook, maybe not. Find out.
Here are a few marketing and branding things that I believe, that are not bullshit:
- You must have your own website. It’s truly the only thing on the web that you 100% control. It does NOT need to be fancy.
- Your email list is your most valuable business asset.
- Google My Business is the most important thing that local and small businesses must get right. It is your friend.
- Social channels are important. But focus on the channels where your market spends their time.
- You don’t need permission.
- Creating content is great, but distributing that content is even better.
- Always share great content that helps your audience.
- Have a personality. People want to do business with people they know, like, and trust.
- YOU are your biggest competition. Get out of your own way.
Anyway, that’s a little about me – Geoffrey Monical.
If you need help with any of the things mentioned above like content for your website or social media, help to define your brand, or maybe you just need a simple website (I don’t do complex!), then hit me up.
Probably the best thing to do is email me HERE.